Start Date: 1 September 2016
The Pharmacist will be responsible for the provision of medication and supplementary services to patients and members of the healthcare team. The incumbent will also assume responsibility for meeting patients needs in a responsible, satisfactory and cost-effective manner.
- A relevant pharmaceutical qualification (B.Pharm. Degree or Dip.Pharm) or equivalent NQF 7 qualification.
- Registration with the South African Pharmacy Council.
- Advanced computer literacy
- Work experience in a Hospital or Retail Pharmacy environment
- Sound knowledge of Pharmacy business operations
- Dispense prescriptions (hospital and retail)
- Ensure maximum safety of patients by providing advice on the appropriate selection, dosage and drug interaction, potential side effects and therapeutic effects of medicines
- Prepare, issue and control all oncology drugs according to Pharmacy policies and procedures
- Act as custodian for the management of Schedule 5 & 6 drugs as per legal requirements
- Record prescriptions as per legislative requirements
- Assist and offer advice on the usage, side effects, contra-indications, drug interaction and proper storage of medication to patients and other members of the healthcare team
- Advise and provide information regarding general health matters, including the effective use of medicines, treatment for general diseases, primary health care, screening services, essential medication, mother and child healthcare services, family planning and immunisation
- Supervise and control the acquisition, storage, dispensing, handling and packaging of medicines to ensure safety, efficacy and quality thereof
- Assist with all aspects of ethical stock control including re-ordering of stock, maintaining dedicated stock areas for organisation and expiry dates
- Conduct cyclical and full stock takes
- Update doctors and wards with regards to out of stock situations and offer alternatives
- Conduct related administrative and house-keeping tasks
- Actively participate as a member of a team to achieve goals
- Communicate effectively to assist other team players
- Supervise and guide Pharmacist Assistants and interns
- Active involvement in own professional development to maintain a satisfactory level of skill and knowledge
- Keep up to date with our clients evolving policies and procedures
- Keep abreast of new developments in the Pharmaceutical field
- Work effectively and co-operatively with others to establish and maintain good working relationships that are mutually beneficial
- Build relationships with wards to facilitate the understanding and updating of Pharmacy systems and policies
Please be advised that you will be contacted by Medipath Healthcare Recruitment within 14 days should we wish to proceed with your application. Similarly, if you are not contacted by Medipath Healthcare Recruitment, please accept your application as unsuccessful. Your CV will automatically be added to our database and we could be contacting you should a suitable position arise.