Promote improved operational performance and patient care experience through quality delivery of services and patient interaction, by subscribing to the highest level of integrity and professionalism. Engage relevant stakeholders to ensure that operational efficiencies are coordinated to improve patient outcomes. The duties of the post are carried out in accordance with our clients Policies and Procedures and/or as determined by our client's Audit requirements. The incumbent will be responsible to coordinate all secretarial work in the ward, stock and responsible for all customers.
• Registered with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) as a Registered Nurse
• Diploma or Degree in Nursing is required
• A minimum of 5 years practical experience as a Registered Nurse
• Experience in Surgical Nursing is essential
• A minimum of 2-4 years experience in a managerial/ shift leader position with a proven track record would be advantageous
• An intermediate level of Computer proficiency
• 2 or more years experience in a private hospital setting
• Experience in clinical leadership
• Thorough knowledge of general / specialized nursing theory and practice
• Extensive knowledge of modern nursing care principles and practices in the highly specialised field
• The overall responsibility of the Unit Manager is the efficient supervision and direction of all activities and related activities of the Unit, with the primary management function being effective patient care whilst adhering to the policies, procedures, philosophy and objectives of our client and the Hospital.
• Management and supervision of staff.
• Management of Patient Care.
• Public Relations which include liaison with doctors/specialists, hospital management, staff, patients and
• their family.
• Cost Centre Management which includes control of equipment and stock.
• To perform week-end and on call duties.
• Management of aspects pertaining student accompaniment and in-service training.
• Maintaining of high Nursing standards.
• The ability to take prompt action to accomplish work objectives
• The ability to produce work of a high quality by accurately checking processes and tasks
• The ability to work under pressure and to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions
To apply, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be advised that you will be contacted by Medipath Healthcare Recruitment within 14 days should we wish to proceed with your application. Similarly, if you are not contacted by Medipath Healthcare Recruitment, please accept your application as unsuccessful. Your CV will automatically be added to our database and we could be contacting you should a suitable position arise.
Pathway Recruitment Group (pty) Ltd t/a Medipath Healthcare Recruitment
Call us now on 087 378 1980