Start Date: 1 September 2019
Registered Nurses – The right person will further be responsible for direct and/or indirect nursing care of a patient or a group of patients, for assessing, planning, executing and supervising the implementation of care to meet patient needs, is a role model in the delivery of evidence based care and will actively participate in Clinical Governance.
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council as a Registered Nurse
- Relevant Qualification in Critical Care
- Relevant Experience in Intensive Care Unit
- Promote patient of health and wellbeing
- Practice the principles of infection prevention and all Standard precautions
- Promote and maintain good public relations with patients, relatives and visitors
- Execute all procedures according to hospital standards
- Refer all complaints from patients and doctors to sister-in-charge of the unit
- Carry out all departmental duties as assigned by supervisors
- Provide and supervise the delivery of evidence based nursing care
- Ensure that all patients have an appropriate nursing care plan
- Communicate with Health Care Practitioners regarding any change in health status
- Administer and store medication in accordance with our clients policy.
- Perform other duties as reasonably requested by the Unit Manager or senior member of staff.
- Participate in ward/units quality improvement programme
- Effective risk prevention and management
- Maintain a therapeutic, clean and safe environment that is free from medico-legal hazards
- Adhere to our clients Resuscitation and Reanimation policy
- Audit of health records to ensure compliance
- Ensure all stock is well controlled and managed, charged and credited appropriately
- Keep abreast of current research in the discipline
- Practice patient care according to the Scope of Practice and assume total responsibility for these activities
- Contribute to the holistic care of patients
- Attend handover of report at shift commencement
- Communicate effectively with patients regarding their care
Please be advised that you will be contacted by Medipath Healthcare Recruitment within 14 days should we wish to proceed with your application. Similarly, if you are not contacted by Medipath Healthcare Recruitment, please accept your application as unsuccessful. Your CV will automatically be added to our database and we could be contacting you should a suitable position arise.